Located on 309,000m2 of land in Sakhir (adjacent to the Bahrain International Circuit), the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre - BIECC is Bahrain’s largest and most versatile exhibition and convention facility, with a column-free exhibit and meeting space in a dedicated environment. The BIECC offers the highest degree of flexibility, allowing simultaneous events to be held, each with its own separate access and function space, ideally suited for conventions, gala events, banquets, exhibitions, corporate launches, concerts, large weddings, family entertainment, and other special events.
The new BIECC has a total built-up area of 149,000m2 featuring 10 exhibition halls with flat floor column-free space covering a total area of 95,000m2, including all the necessary services with areas dedicated for retail and events (meeting rooms, Majlis, and organizer’s offices).
The facility also includes a Grand Hall, with the required infrastructure, consisting of:
- a 4,000-tiered auditorium with a fully retractable seating capacity of 400-4,000 theatre style.
- Multiple spaces ranging from 500m2 to 4,000 m2 with our world-class flexible operable wall system.
- 2 Registration or Ticket Counters and Cloakroom.
- Dedicated Organisers' Offices.
- 250-seat Restaurant.
- Translation booths (22) and technical booths (2).
- 2 VIP Dressing Rooms, 2 Chorus Dressing Rooms, and 4 Standby Rooms for special events.
Adjoining the Grand Hall, there are 20 meeting rooms in the BIECC, ranging from 25-200 seats theatre style. The BIECC also includes 60 meeting rooms, located within the Exhibition Concourse, and 15 boardrooms, on the Exhibition Mezzanine Level.
There is a dedicated VIP Majlis, with spacious foyers and a separate entrance, in addition to 9 Majlis supporting the halls.
The new BIECC will also include parking lots that can accommodate up to 1600 vehicles.
DG Jones and Partners were appointed as the cost consultant since the project conception and continue to provide cost management consultancy during the construction phase.