This position is responsible for the overview contract implementation and analysis of commercial & technical aspects of contracts which includes condition of contracts, reviewing/ evaluating/ responding to proposal/variation/claim and delay requests, pricing and negotiations and handle dispute resolutions, and chargeback reports.
- Interprets contract prov1s1ons to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors in accordance with Ashghal policies and guidelines;
- Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice
- Assist Senior Contracts Specialist to initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Project Manager/Engineer.
- Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity
- Analyze the proposal request and provide written response containing exact cost information of material, time, and services.
- Ensure Contract Management & examine compliance per work scope.
- Ensures the accuracy and adequacy of the contract and its integral documents such as bonds, insurance, BOQs, and specifications
- Monitor the cycle for contract proposals through contract expiration or completion
- Studies claims and disputes and recommend desired course of action to Senior Contracts Specialist. Archive and use current claims and dispute data as case study material to train staff in claims assessment and serve as guidelines for future contracts.
- Guides in processing requests for variation, addendum, extension of time, etc., in accordance with established procedures and exercises contract cost control.
- Manages the maintenance of complete, accurate, and up-to-date contract records and logs.
- Provide analytical support to the management team.
Skills & Competencies
1. Demonstrated experience in Tender processes & Contracting skills
- Strong knowledge of business practices and legal processes
- Good judgment & Professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to perform independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is bonus
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.